Relax, Go With the Flow

Real life with eight hot tired grands after lots of photo shooting.


July 28

The July 26th entry in Jesus Calling was titled "Relax and Let Me Lead You."  Sarah Young writes in the voice of Jesus, "Vast quantities of time and energy are wasted in obsessive planning.  When you let Me direct your steps, you are set free to enjoy Me and to find what I have prepared for you this day."

Whew, I was a planner back in the day as a young mother of six.  We had no computer, but I had one of those giant monthly calendars, like for an office, in which I slotted in all the children's events.  In addition to church and school activities we tried to limit each child to two other activities...that made 12 a week for me to get them to.  Our daughter, being the only girl at the time participated in a bit more...dance, piano/harp, and a sporting activity.  I carried a daily planner with me and have no clue what I would have done if I'd lost that thing.  I drove a 15 passenger van so I could participate in carpooling with other moms.  Thinking back on it, I have no clue how it all worked out.  Loving to make the most of every school break I scheduled trips way out in advance.  Seldom did I allow us to just sit and be still, except when we were at the lake.

Praise God for giving me a laid back husband, who knows how to live one day at a time and seek the Lord for that day.  I've learned great lessons from him on being content and realizing the best plans are God's plans, as He knows much better than we what is ahead for our lives.

Life tosses interruptions at us which have us throw our schedules and plans out the window.  I remember one of the first Christian T-shirts I bought had colorful fish screen printed upon it and it said, "Go with the flow!"  Follow Jesus. His plans are best.

Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.  Psalm 119:35

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?