Haven't Seen You

Image may contain: food and indoor

October 30
Texting a single friend, whom I haven't seen in church, small group or the neighborhood for a month, I typed, "Are you okay, haven't seen you in a month?"  She filled me in on life and we had a good chat.

Moments later I thought about how people can go months (their entire lives) without checking in with God.  We know He's good and totally sufficient, but He created us to be in relationship with him and that's takes two-way interaction.

"But I have this against you, that you have left your first love."
Revelation 2:4

On October 21 I came under conviction reading this quote in Jesus Always, "If your life revolves around someone other than Me, you need to repent-changing your ways."

I kid you not, just as I was deep into these thoughts and pouring my love out to the Lord, my earthly Love, waltzed into the room, singing and dancing a jig.  My heart wavered between stopping my quiet time with the Lord and losing track ofwhat He was telling me or kissing this cute man, but I lifted a finger and said, "Give me just a moment, I'm with Jesus."  

"You're all I want in heaven! You're all I want on earth!
When my skin sags and my bones get brittle, God is rock-firm and faithful.
Look! Those who left you are falling apart!
Deserters, they'll never be heard from again.
But I'm in the very presence of God-oh, how refreshing it is!
I've made Lord God my home. God, I"m telling the world what you do!"
Psalm 73:25-28

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?