One Thousand Walnuts


October 17
Last week my husband picked up 1,000 walnuts from our yard!!! No, we are not harvesting them.

We were allowing a group to use Shiloh and it was an outdoor event, so my husband was on yard duty and literally gathered 1,000 walnuts off the ground and hauled them to the woods.  I was on window washing, de-spidering and outdoor furniture wipe down patrol and my offering hospitality without grumbling attitude was quickly seeping away before I was hardly underway.  Even with praise music penetrating my soul, my joy wavered.  Just as I pulled out some table cloths, a scripture card fell to the floor.

"whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served,  but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."  Matthew 20:26-28

Whew! God's Word can be a switch to my hinny and bring about an instant attitude adjustment!  Can't tell me He isn't constantly watching and fully aware of the attitudes of our hearts and every thought we have!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?