To Be...Constant


May 29
(I found this old piece I had written in March, but somehow never posted. I really needed to read this today.)

Recently, I mumbled to the Lord how there is nothing that is constant.  Three dear friends from our church small group are moving away, a sweet neighbor is actively dying of cancer, and our children's lives and locations keep changing.  While taking a prayer time out God said, "I AM constant!"
Yes, Sir, you certainly are.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
Hebrews 13:8

Plugging the word constant into Biblegateway, the majority of the time it was used as an adverb in a negative context. Then I saw what God wanted me to see!

"At one time you all had your backs turned to God, thinking rebellious thoughts of him, giving him trouble every chance you got.  But now, by giving himself completely at the Cross, actually dying for you, Christ brought you over to God's side and put your lives together, whole and holy in his presence.  You don't walkaway from a gift like that! You stay grounded and steady in that bond of trust, constantly tuned in to the Message, careful not to be distracted or diverted." 
Colossians 1:21-22

Yes, God is the constant in our lives.  What do we do with that?  We stay constantly tuned into Him!
Then came the warning...be careful to not become distracted or diverted.

"God is always preparing us and positioning us for divine appointments."  Mark Batterson

I asked the Lord, "What is it You are wanting me to do right now?"  "Write on!" He said.
That made me laugh!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?