To Be...Forever

Peonies make me happy!
I was overjoyed when this little one made it home from the hospital
and am FOREVER grateful for all the prayers.

May 21
Baby sitting this weekend, our granddaughter asked me how long I could stay. When I said I was sorry, but I had to leave Sunday she said, "That's okay because with Jesus in our hearts we are going to be together FOREVER! I know I will see you again. Also, I'm coming to spend two weeks at the lake with you this summer!"  Oh, the joy and confidence eternity because of Jesus brings!
Aretha Franklin’s  song “I Say A Little Prayer,” makes me want to get up and dance.
The chorus goes like this:
Forever, forever, you’ll stay in my heart And I will love you Forever and ever, we never will part Oh, how I’ll love you Together, together, that’s how it must be To live without you Would only be a heartbreak for me.  
Don't we all long for a forever love?  
God offers that to us!  God remains faithful forever extending to us a deep abiding love.  
When we sing praise to the Lord, we are loving him back!
There was a children's praise song that we taught our children years ago that went like this...
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise ye the Lord, Alleluia!  
Let's take Psalm 146 and sing verses 1,2, 6, and 10 in praise to our Forever God!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God as long as I live....The Lord made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them. He is faithful forever. The Lord will rule forever.

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God as long as I live. Do not put your trust in princes, in a son of a man, who cannot save us. When his spirit leaves, he returns to the earth. His thoughts end on that day. Happy is he whose help is the God of Jacob, and whose hope is in the Lord his God. The Lord made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them. He is faithful forever. He helps those who have a bad power over them. He gives food to the hungry. And He sets those in prison free.
The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord raises up those who are brought down. The Lord loves those who are right and good. The Lord keeps the strangers safe. He takes care of the children who have no father and the woman whose husband has died. But He destroys the way of the sinful. The Lord will rule forever. Your God, O Zion, will rule over all people for all time. Praise the Lord!"  Psalm 146:1-10



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?