To Be...Adventuresome

"Just trust me," I said, as I asked my grandson to go on a little adventure.
"Doesn't the water look beautiful?"
"Be cautious, for it is not as calm as it appears.  Look to your left."
"Those rapids could sweep you away, so I am asking you to listen and obey."
Excellent!
May 5
In 1992 Steven Curtis Chapman wrote the hit song, "This is the Great Adventure."  Yesterday morning we had about an hour to kill before preschool, so I enticed this fellow to go on an adventure, but I prefaced the walk with the importance of listening to me and obeying quickly.  Signs warned of dogs, bikers, and snakes!  He also became fascinated with the "NO TRESPASSING - PRIVATE PROPERTY signs along the way.

He did an incredible job!  The outing made me think of all the good things God wants us to experience, but there are warnings along the way of life.  We have to trust Him, follow him and obey quickly.

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert.  Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour."  1 Peter 5:8


"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!"   Matthew 7:11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?