To Be...Fervent in Prayer


"Bunz" has lived at Shiloh for at least three years.
I caught him praying on our patio the other morning!
His mama must have taught him to pray without ceasing!

May 30

Our seven year old grandson ran up to me exuding excitement..."Mama Boo, Mama Boo!  I was trying to drive my tractor (battery operated) up the hill and it wasn't going, so I prayed and asked God to help me and He DID!!!"

Those of you who know me, know I talk to God a lot.  The grands have heard me pray for scrapes, head bumps, splinters, stuck zippers, directions when we are lost...etc.  My heart thrilled to hear this one calling out to the Lord.

Prayer is much more than a plea for help.
"Hear my prayer, O Lord! And let my cry for help come to You."  Psalm 102:1

"The righteous cry, and the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles."   Psalm 34:17

It's our connection to our creator and I thank God for creating the access!
"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you." Matthew 6:6

It's our guard from temptation.
"Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."  Matthew 26:41

It's Our Free Gift to Others
"For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in eery good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience: joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Life.  For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son."  Colossians 1:9-13

God knows all that is before us, thus he commands us to pray without ceasing.  
1 Thessalonians 5:17


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?