To Be...Slipping Away



August 31
There is something sad to me about summer slipping away.  At this season of my life, I guess I'm just more and more aware of the fleeting aspect of life.

"Live happily with the woman you love through the fleeting days of life, for the wife God gives you is your vest read down here for all your earthly toil."  Ecclesiastes 9:9

We had a busy, busy day at church last Sunday, came home and grabbed a nap and my husband headed back out for the baptism of 56 people from church.  All of a sudden I asked myself "Where has the day gone?" and wrote this short poem.

The Day Has Slipped Away
Did I praise Your name this morning and stop to worship and adore my King?
Did I stop to help another, touch a shoulder, shake a hand, give a hug or simply hear a bird sing?
The sun is almost setting and I question if I valued today and truly had my eyes open and took time to say..."God I love you!"

"From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the Lord is to be praised."  Psalm 113:3




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?