To Be...Wanting To


August 18-19
Whether it's bedtime, medicine taking, eating vegetables or maybe taking a long car ride, we've heard some "I don't want to's" this summer.  The other day I caught myself telling the Lord something I really didn't want to every have to do and became quickly convicted of sounding like a whining child.

I thought of the trust Noah had, the faithfulness of Daniel, the joy with which Mary served the Lord.  Tossing the negative behavior, I switched to positive mode and said,

Lord, I want to serve you with gladness.
    "Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing."  Psalm 100:2

Lord, I want to trust you with all my heart.
    "With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment.  Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow."  Proverbs 3:5-6

Lord, I want to be found faithful.
   "The other men tried to find something wrong with the way Daniel did his work for the king.  But they could not accuse him of anything wrong, because he was honest and faithful and did everything he was supposed to do."  Daniel 6:4





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?