To Be...A Christian...


September 8-9
The overwhelmingness was setting in again.  There are so many house/yard projects we want to spruce up at Shiloh and getting workers to call back for estimates this week has been extremely frustrating.  I'm wondering if maybe those are "no's" for now from God.  Also, there are some precious relationships of people I love that need fixing and they are totally out of my control.  One more text, more not returned phone calls and I just wanted to eat chocolate almonds and look at the lake. Sitting down to journal I glanced at my computer screen and saw this Martin Luther quote:

"To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing."

While I'd been running to scripture and devotionals as ways of looking for encouragement to keep on keeping on in my own strength, what I hadn't been doing was relying on the Lord by taking my burdens to Him.

September 6th I opened  Jesus Calling and read, "Do everything in dependence on Me. The desire to act independently-apart from Me- springs from the root of pride...But apart from Me, you can do nothing: that is, nothing of eternal value."

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."  Ephesians 6:10

While I chugged away this week at cleaning out the summer clutter that accumulates and became exhausted doing it, I've allowed some "me" things to clutter my life that need to be cleaned out of my heart as well.  This is the day the Lord has made, not only will I rejoice in it, I will spend time just being with Him.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?