To Be....A Praying Grandparent #2



September  11

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; 
and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God." 
1 John 4:7

My husband has often told our children the greatest gift they can give their children is to love their spouses.  Seeing that love gives them more security than money could ever buy.

"Lord, I lift up to You my grandchildren's parents.  Help them to get along as a couple and not allow strife or arguments to pull them apart.  Teach them to seek harmony, unity, and peace in their home every day. I pray they will love each other and not allow a spirit of divorce to break up their family. In Jesus' name I pray."  Stormy Omartian

Father, I pray that our grandchildren will see their parents encouraging one another, laughing, kissing and dancing in the kitchen!  I also ask for a spirit of unity specifically in the area of discipline.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

We can be intentional as grandparents to speak words of affirmation towards both parents around our grandchildren and talk positively about their love and respect for one another. Children love to hear stories about their parents. We can share stories which highlight their bond of love and commitment to one another.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?