To Be...His Sheep


September 26
She Reads Truth is currently doing a study on the names of God. Ro'i is Hebrew for Shepherd. The writer pointed out some of a shepherd's responsibilities"...leads His sheep to calm pasture to eat, He leads them to water to drink, He keeps them on the right path, and He uses His rod and staff to protect them...He lays down His life to protect His sheep, He gathers His sheep, and He speaks over His sheep."
This morning I've gone back to that list, highlighting the action verbs and applying them to my relationship with Christ. What kind of sheep am I?
Where have I allowed Him to lead me?
When have I stayed on the right path out of obedience?
How often do I thank Him for his protection?
Am I faithful to gather with His other sheep and worship?
What is He speaking over me today?   
Thank You, Jesus, for being a good, good Shepherd.  I love You and am thankful You have called me to follow You.  In Your name, I pray.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?