To Be...Growing Old


We are having so much fun in Hot Springs, VA

September 24
Several people have asked us how many years we've been married.  At one point when I said, "Forty years." I thought, that's a big number.  Then my brain said, "And most people are into their twenties before they are married, so that would make you...old!"  My girlfriend told me the other day, "Stop saying you are old. You're not old!" I'm okay with being old.

Proverbs 16:31 is in my "praying for your grandchildren devotional book for today."

"Gray hair is a glorious crown worn by those who have lived right."

The sweetest thing happened to us yesterday. It was like a kiss from God.  We were strolling through some shops at The Homestead and walking out and an older  than us woman said, 
"You didn't get anything." I pointed to my husband and said, "I got him! That's all I need."  

Then we were really taken back. She said, "You are Christians."  I said, "What?" She said, "I can tell, you are Christians."  I told her, "You must be in the NFL." She was puzzled. I said, "Nuts for the Lord!"  She laughed and the sweetest fellowship ensued from there.  God was in this place and blessing us.

The Praying for Your Grandchildren entry said to pray, "Lord, Help me to clearly see the spiritual inheritance I leave each grandchild when I pray for them.  Thank You for all the wonderful promises in Your Word that declare You will bless my children and grandchildren when I live Your way....I know that whether I can see my grandchildren often or not, I can still be close to them every time I pray for them...In Your name I pray. "


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?