To Be...A Sanctuary


The waters rose this weekend at Shiloh.
A huge thanks to our friends who went and secured things for us.
September 25
I remember some of the terms I heard in our church sanctuary growing up.  Those terms surfaced again when we returned there for our daughter's wedding.  What flowers do you want on the altar and in the nave? Will the guest book be in the narthex?  Will the soloist sit in the choir loft?

We worship in a very contemporary church now. Our sanctuary transforms into a basketball court, an exercise room and a fellowship hall.  It is still by definition a place of refuge and safety. A very holy place for our church to come together and worship the Lord.

We individually, as the church, should desire to build a sanctuary in our own lives for God.  A place that is holy and not violated by sin, a place we can retreat to with the Lord and be sheltered from the enemy and his temptations to sin.  A place where God reminds us he desires for us to live life abundantly.

While in the wilderness David often cried out to God.
O God, my God! How I search for you! How I thirst for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. How I long to find you! How I wish I could go into your sanctuary to see your strength and glory,  for your love and kindness are better to me than life itself. How I praise you!  Psalm 63:1-3

Oh, Lord, make me a sanctuary.  In Jesus' name, amen.

Enjoy this song of dedication.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LiTy7ndOzw



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?