To Be...In the Book of Life



In our living room sits the first volume of The Scott's Family Bible,
which belonged to my father's family. It was printed in 1816!
Quite the Book.
September 20
Thinking  back to high school and college years,  I recall being invited to join “Who’s Who” in High School and College students of America and being told your name would be printed in "the book." I have no idea what the criteria was or how many of my friends were invited, but the fact you had to PAY to join allowed me to see if for what it was…a money making venture for someone.  I didn’t pay up or ask my parents to pay.
Aren’t we thankful that Jesus has paid it all for us to be in The Book of Life!

"Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire."  Revelation 20:15

For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God.”  (Romans 8:14)

Peter Lord wrote: "I am a son ( a mature child) of God and joint heir with Christ. I have a great future ahead of me. The Spirit of God leads me though life into all truth and reality, so I can choose to live like his mature child.  Because I am his son, God imparts to me responsibilities and privileges. I shall accept all of the responsibilities and avail myself of all the privileges."

We can have confidence, through the acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice for our sins, and our repentance of those sins, that our name is written in The Book of Life.

Father, lead us through life today. In Jesus' name, we pray.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?