To Be...A Praying Grandparent #1


September 10

I've challenged myself to a 30 day prayer commitment for our grandchildren.  Every morning I am setting aside a time just for them. I'll kick off the prayer time with an entry from Stormie Omartian's book The Power of a Praying Grandparent. The grands have been notified they can send in specific requests.  I'd like to take this week of Boojoyful to share how it's shaping up...without the specific requests.

"If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us."  1 John 4:12

Father,
Keep my heart clean so that my prayers are never hindered.  Set me completely free from all unforgiveness today so there is no mountain of separation between me and my children or grandchildren.  Protect this prayer time and keep my mind focused on how I can love and pray for these precious ones better.

Today, I pray specifically for the teachers at the schools and day care facilities they attend and the baby sitters who come into their homes.  Place a hedge of protection around these children physically and emotionally. May they feel safe, loved and valued in those places.  May no words come out of any authority figure over them which would discourage their faith, but place teachers and care givers in their lives who love the Lord, are encouragers in the faith, and are praying for our grandchildren.
In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?