To Be...Listening

These two listened when I said, "Do you want to make milkshakes?"
September 27
When was the last time you realized someone had tuned you out and wasn't actually listening to what you said?  Let's flip the coin. You was the last person you tuned out?


"Oh, dear people would you listen!"  
Psalm 81:13

God loves the Israelites!  His chosen people!  God loves each of us and as a loving Father knows the best ways for us to go, but often we are slow to listen, to trust, and to obey.  When studying this verse on Biblehub I did a cross reference section, which took me to some "this is why verses."  God doesn't say, "Just do it because I said so!"  His Word gives us reasons why it is good to listen and obey.

Listen because...
"Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in His ways!"   Psalm 128:1

"If only they had such a heart to fear Me and keep all My commandments always, so that it might be well with them and their children forever."  Deuteronomy 5:29

"If only you had paid attention to My commandments, your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like waves of the sea."  Isaiah 48:18

History allows us the opportunity to learn from others.  I thank God for His guide book, translated into English, yet it comes with an interpreter as well...the Holy Spirit.  Teach me Lord, I'm listening.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?