To Be...Heading Home


October 5
Do you have places along your way home that make you love where you live?  This mountain is called the Peaks of Otter and I've seen it from multiple view points during my lifetime living in this mountainous valley in Virginia.  It has always signaled, "You are almost home."

Home should be a happy place.  A place we long for.  Jesus tells us of such a place that we were created to desire.  A place he has personally prepared for us.

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."  John 14:1-3

These earthly bodies are temporary dwelling places.  For those who love the Lord, we have a more permanent eternal address awaiting us.

"For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." 2 Corinthians 5:1

Lift up these two heart wrenching prayer needs.

One is for a three year old little girl who was just diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer that has metastasized to her lungs and doctors don't think she will survive the week.  Another friend emailed for prayer for one of her best friends whose son committed suicide while at college last Friday night.  Several responses on these prayer chains read..."I hope they know Jesus."

Who are we praying for that needs to come to a saving knowledge of Christ?  Let's pray now!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?