To Be...Vivacious


October 20-21
Yesterday, was my girlfriend's final chemo treatment for breast cancer!  What a reason for rejoicing.
She was feeling vivacious and truly elated to have this behind her.  Thank You Jesus for the strength with which you have infused her this past year.

This same week a neighbor lost her battle with cancer and I learned that another friend's cancer has returned. Three younger people were added to my prayer list facing very serious cancer battles and I myself go for a CT scan on Monday.

This morning Jesus Calling brought me such joy as Sarah Young reflects on the truth of the temporary state of these earthly bodies.

“I am your living God, far more abundantly alive than the most vivacious person you know.  The human body is wonderfully crafted, but gravity and the inevitable effects of aging weigh it down. Even the most superb athlete cannot maintain his fitness over many decades.  Lasting abundant life can be found in Me (Jesus) alone. Do not be anxious about the weakness of your body. Instead, view it as the prelude to My infusing energy into your being…Though the process of aging continues, inwardly you grow stronger with the passing years.  Those who live close to Me develop an inner aliveness that makes them seem youthful in spite of their years.

“I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!  And I hold the keys of death and Hades.”  Revelation 1:18

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?