To Be...Living Like Abigail #1


October 15
This summer, I worked through a rewritten study by Revive Our Hearts on Abigail found in 1 Samuel 25.  I want to take time this week to share some highlights. This is one of the best studies I've ever done.

A favorite verse of mine is Proverbs 22:6
"Teach your children right from wrong, and when they are grown they will still do right."
My guess is Abigail had some great teaching from her parents or simply a teachable heart for the Lord.

Read 1 Samuel 25
This story involves David, Nabal and Nabal's wife, Abigail (who later becomes David's wife).
That may be enough to entice you to read! David and his men are still dwelling in the wilderness at the time of this story.

"Nabal was a very rich man who lived in Maon. He owned three thousand sheep and a thousand goats, which he kept at Carmel.  His wife Abigail was sensible and beautiful, but he was from the Caleb clan and was rough and mean."  1 Samuel 25:2-3

Overview take aways from the first week.
1) "What truly matters in real life is the heart, not outward appearance of material wealth."
2) "Your heart determines your character and your behavior."
3) Consider:
       Am I arrogant, proud, harsh? 
       Am I sometimes impossible to deal with?
       Are people not honest with me for for I'll blow up?
       Do I assume the worst of others?
       Do I answer roughly rather than graciously?
4)"Only the grace of God and the power of the gospel can transform our hearts."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?