Christmas Day


December 25
Merry Christmas...Jesus' birth is such a reason to rejoice.
Hanging out in Luke 1 and 2 filled with me such joy as new lessons and insight unfolded before me.
I told my husband my quiet time in the Word had been like going to Jesus' birthday party!

Two short prayers I wrote after reading in Luke were:
Oh, Lord, that I would be found to be a faithful servant like young Mary.  May I give testimony to the belief that "nothing is impossible for God."  Wait!  Luke 1:37 says, "Nothing is impossible WITH God."  Help me remember that You are always with me and no matter how hard the mountain before me seems to climb or how deep the pit is I found myself in, I'm never alone in my travails.
Thank You this Christmas Day for being YOU and all that encompasses.  Thank You that you satisfy and send help! Thank you for angels, like the ones the shepherds saw and Mary and Joseph listened to.  Thank You for sending the Holy Sprit and for your mercy that goes out to generation after generation.

You were named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace!
Your Kingdom has come and You will reign forever and ever.  We never have to be afraid, for angel armies still remain.  May we never cease pondering Your ways and Your Words. Oh, how I long to see the Great Light.  Thank You for coming to earth.  Oh, how we rejoice this day that The Child was born.  Hallelujah!  We rejoice!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

It is a gift from God to know Jesus.


Here are two Christmas songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGSHZYZ74c

If you are missing someone this Christmas I hope this song brings healing.  You are loved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFXfAGl17M

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?