To Be...Obedient to Promptings



December 27
I realize I'm in the NFL (Nuts for the Lord), but I can't help going with the flow when the Spirit moves.
Last week we got to the airport 2 minutes before our flight was to board for us to visit one of our sons and his wife. The dreaded announcement came that they were taking our plane back to the hanger for some repairs.
Needless to say we missed our connecting flight.  While sitting in the Roanoke airport I spoke to a man across from us who looked familiar and asked if we had gone to PH together. He was from South Africa and had no idea PH was a local high school.  Then a boy walked by with script tattooed on this leg and I told my husband I thought it was scripture and wanted to ask if I could take a photo for the devotionals I write.
He said emphatically, “No, leave him alone.”
A few minutes later I said, “I’m really sorry, but the Spirit is telling me to talk to him. I’ve got to do this.” He rolled his eyes! The South African man laughed.

The verse was Jeremiah 29:11. I told the young man I loved Jesus and appreciated his testimony and asked if I could take a photo for a devotional I write. He said certainly.  He had a college logo on his gym bag, so I asked if he went there and where home was. He said, yes he was a sophomore in college and was from Canada. I said that’s a long way from home. Here’s my card if you’d ever like a place to come and bring your friends.
He was quite tall, so Miss Chitty Chat continued,  “Any chance you play ball?”  He said, “Yes, ma'am" and gave me his name.

My husband, who was listening to my interaction and I'm sure biting his lip, got on his phone and googled him and found he was one of the top college recruits in the country.

I was chatting a bit about Jesus and awesome Christian fellowship opportunities for athletes in college. He mentioned he had several friends who attend FCA, so I told him about Shiloh and said, when you get time bring them for a getaway retreat.

My husband has forgiven my disobedience and is glad I spoke! I know I’m a lot to put up with at times.

The funny thing is the South African man was listening to everything and he said, “What I want to know is why you spoke to me first and I didn’t get an invitation?”
I said, “Do you live around here?” He said, “No.”  Then I came under conviction that maybe he doesn’t know the Lord and what I thought the Lord was up to with the college student was really about this gentleman. So, we gave him our number, the link to Boojoyful and invited him as well!  LOL

Praying we see the world with the eyes of Jesus, not our earthly eyes and that we can be obedient to the Holy Spirit's promptings remembering God's ways are not our ways.

"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.Job 37:5

Paul loved his brothers and sisters in the faith who were in the NFL He wrote to the  Thessalonians saying: "We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one a no there is increasing.  Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring....we constandly pray for you, that our God may make yo worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith.  We pray this so the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Thessalonians 1:3-4,  11-12

 
It's a gift from God to be led by the Spirit.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?