The Treasure Hunt


One of my favorite activities as a grandmother has been to create treasure hunts for our grandchildren.  It's one of those difficult brain activities for me now though. Sequencing...UGH.
Now, I find myself sitting on the sofa and instead of sending them to find clues, I send them to bring something to me or do a task.  (All they really care about is the treasure, right?)

Today's Jesus Calling captured my thoughts.  "Approach each new day with desire to find Me (Jesus)...There are hidden treasures strategically placed along the way. Some of the treasures are trials, designed to shake you free from earth-shackles."

I read it over and over. There is purpose in every trial we encounter.  Our trials lead us to treasures.

"that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:2-3




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?