Spirit Lead Me- Worship Day 3


Part of our church worship team.
The grands who are living here are expecting two young cousins to arrive Thursday. They said living here is like living at Mama Boo Camp, so they wanted to prepare Shiloh like a camp. They have posted "cabin number" signs on every bedroom door and each cabin has an animal mascot.
When the cousins arrive they will have an activities sheet to fill out with their top four favorite activities they would like to participate in, but the best part came when they explained to me that
worship was mandatory every morning!
We should live in such a manner!

Day 3 Worship Through Service
"We worship God through service to him and others because of who He is."
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

Reflect and Pray:
What do these scriptures say about worship through service?

What does service look like in this season of your life?

Life is full of seasons isn't it?  They come and go so quickly.  When I start to want for a long ago season I'm quick to thank God for where I am today.  Some seasons we do not see coming.  Being a pastor's wife was certainly not on my radar and it has an enormous service application accompanying the title.  But it really should not be any different a degree of soldout-of-ness for Jesus.  So, Im processing why it feels that way. It's because hundreds of people are watching and evaluating you.
All that matters is what Jesus sees and our abundant joy that comes on a daily basis when He calls
us to step out and see where He wants us to answer the call, big and small, to serve.
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat;
 I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink;
 I was a stranger and you took me in;
 I was naked and you clothed me;
 I was sick and you took care of me;
 I was in prison and you visited me."  Matthew 25:35-36

Immediately the Lord brought to mind examples of how He is present in my life in those situations.
He's watching to see if I have a servant's heart.  Oh to be found faithful to serve when the opportunity confronts me today.

God's timing is crazy.  Yesterday, I received a request for Deke to participate in the sentencing hearing of a prisoner. My first thought was he is so busy and we are supposed to be out of town that day.  Then I opened my study book and there was the verse "I was in prison and you visited me."
Whew, I will be praying over this one.

"...choose this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Joshua 24:15

These are some older praise songs on my music list that I still like to lift my voice to.

I Will Praise You-Rebecca St James
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXET-duSRr8
"Whatever it takes, whatever the cost, I will praise You."

You Never Let Go-Rebecca St James
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jAA_HgyGuQ
"I will fear no evil, for my God is with me."

Sing to the King-Ross Parsley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrsrPfGmpPg
"Come let us sing a song to Jesus, He is all we need.  Lift up a heart of praise. Sing to the King
For His returning we watch and we pray."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?