Equipped



Today, let's hang out in Ephesians Chapter 6 and reflect on how God equips us for times like this. His Word is clear that we will have trials, suffering, and even death, but we don't have to face those alone.
Let's look at what we need to "put on" and how we can choose to allow the Lord to equip us.
Ephesians 6:14 in the CEV begins by saying "Be ready!"

Our leaders are being blasted for not being ready for what has happened.  Don't even get me started on my feelings about anyone being negative at a time like this.  God is fully aware that throughout our lives we will be "hit" with situations we have never experienced before.
I bet you could reel off ten quickies in life where you have not been prepared for what was to come. (Marriage, childbirth, illnesses never before experienced, loss of job, stock markets plummeting, being falsely accused, death of a loved one, fear of attack, taking care of a home and a yard, physically lost, spiritually lost, etc.) As we read each part of the Armor of God below, situations will come to mind where we've needed His "equipment" which is available to us.


Equip me, Lord: 
With the breastplate of righteousnessApart from You there is no righteousness, but through Jesus I have been “born again” and made righteous in Your sight. May I live as a righteous person. 

With feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of peace
May I reflect the Gospel in my words and actions, that through me, with my every encounter, others may be drawn one step closer to You.

With the shield of faith. May I take You at Your word concerning promises about the present and future—promises of everlasting love, abundant life, and so much more.

With the helmet of salvation. Remind me that nothing can separate me from Your love and that I’ve been saved by grace. In Your grace, help me to say “no” to all ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live a self-controlled, upright, and godly life.

With the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. May Your Holy Spirit reign in my life and bring to my mind just the right Bible verses to be in my heart and on my lips. May I be “filled with the Spirit” and ready with Scripture as You were, Jesus, when the devil tempted You.

With the belt of truth. May your truth rule in my heart and be in my mind and on my lips today. 

With an attitude of prayer. Remind me to “pray in the Spirit on all occasions.” Cause me to be alert and always praying for the saints; to be joyful and to give thanks in everything. Thessalonians 5:16-18

Here's a peek from my Coloring the Promises book.
"For I know the plans that I have for you, says the Lord, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?