Promises




Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

2 Peter 1:4
And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.” 

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 

How would you respond if someone approached you today and asked, "What are the promises of God?"  Here are some quick answers we might give...can we back them up with scripture?

God loves us unconditionally.
    Romans 8:37-39 
    "In everything we have won more than a victory because of Christ who loves us.  I am    
     sure that nothing can separate us from God’s love—not life or death, not angels or 
    spirits, not the present or the future, and not powers above or powers below. Nothing in  
    all creation can separate us from God’s love for us in Christ Jesus our Lord!"

We are never alone.
      Psalm 27:10
      "Even if my father and mother should desert me, you will take care of me."
     
      Matthew 18:20
     "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

We are redeemed and have an eternal home in heaven.
       John 3:16
      "God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in  
        him will have eternal life and never really die.”    

God formed us in our mothers' wombs and knows us intimately.
       Psalm 139

      "For it was you who formed my inward parts; you knit me together in my mother's  
       womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made...Your eyes beheld my 
       unformed substance. In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, 
      when none of them as yet existed."

We are who God says we are.
      Isaiah 43:1;4

     “Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine… 
      Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you…” 

God's plan is to prosper us.
     Jeremiah 29:11
     "'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to 
     harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'"

      Psalm 103
    "Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and
     heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the put and crowns you with love 
    and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is 
    renewed like the eagle's."

God promises to work things for good for those who love him.
    Romans 8:28

   “All things work together for good to those who love God, those who are called according 
    to His purpose.”
We are given special strength through faith in Christ.
    Philippians 4:13
    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

God hears our prayers and is at work in our lives.
     John 14:13-14
    "Jesus says, 'And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be
     glorified in the Son.  You may ask me for anything in my name, and

While we go through these uncertain times I will be posting promises we can stand upon.
Praying God’s Promises
Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. When concerns consume me, remind me that You are with me, holding me by my right hand and guiding me with Your counsel.  Though my flesh and my heart may fail, You are the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Help me turn my burdens over to You, knowing that You will take care of me.
Because You are my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  You promise that when I dwell in the shelter of the Most High, I can rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  You are my refuge and fortress, my God in whom I trust.  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, and with Your right hand You save me.  Thank You for making known to me the path of life and filling me with joy and peace in Your presence. 
In Jesus’ name, Amen.


Psalm 139:23-24; 73:23-26; 55:22, 23:1; 91:1-2, 138:8; 16:11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?