Relief

These cuties are on my to do list.

Happy Birthday to my main squeeze today. I haven't been able to squeeze him or even get near him for a week, as my immune system has been compromised with the shingles virus and he has been so sick with a cold, sore throat and fever himself.  Praise the Lord, yesterday at 4:45AM his fever broke and he is starting to feel better. A friend sent cupcakes, so maybe he can eat cake and ice cream tonight.  Just the two of us!

There was this overwhelming sense of relief when I walked in the bedroom and after six days of misery and hardly opening his eyes he said, "I feel better!"

Relief is described as "a feeling of reassurance and relaxation following release from anxiety and distress."  

Isn't that what we are longing for on earth right now. Relief from this devastating repercussions of this virus.  My sister is awaiting the results of her test for the virus.

Opening God's Word, singing praise, and being still with God in prayer all bring relief!
As we are in this different life mode, may these all be exercises in relief!

Sunday the Lord led me into a study on the Promises of God.  I'll be sharing from what I'm learning in the days ahead.

For today, I'm claiming these two.


Exodus 33:14 “And He said, ‘My Presence will go with you and I will give you rest.’”

Deuteronomy 7:9 “Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps covenant and mercy with them who love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations.”



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?