See Clearly


My glasses of four and a half years seemed to be getting worse and worse. I'd clean them and then a spotted glaze would reappear. I wondered if some how hair spray had gotten on them and made this appearance of water spots.  Somehow with the business of life I'd neglected my yearly eye exams and when I finally went I was frustrated by how fuzzy the letters looked on the eye exam.  I asked the doctor if it could be the glasses. When she looked at them, she said, "Oh, my yes! The film coating on your glasses has been popping off the lens over time. Are they ever exposes to water or heat, like being left in a hot car?" (Or on a hot dock when I'm in the water, maybe. Whoops.)

As I drove home with new lenses in my glasses I was blown away by how much clearer the world was.  Then it hit me...that is what sin does to us.  It gradually creeps in and blurs and distorts.  When left unattended/unrepented it gets worse. We are exposed to the "heat" of the world daily and if we don't know God's Word and use it's Truth as our measure, our moral compass will get very distorted and we become comfortable with sin, accepting this as "just the way things are" when there is something so much better available to us. Whew! New lenses were so much better.

"And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. In their (unbelievers) case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."  
2 Corinthians 4:4

"Open our eyes Lord, we want to see Jesus. 
To reach out and touch Him and say that we love Him!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?