Receive


The week was scheduled out and it was a busy one.  A call came canceling an all day event leaving me a totally free day. My mind bound into all I could schedule to fill up that day and the Lord quietly said, "Receive. Receive this day off and take time to be with Me."  

"Our God says, 'Be still and know that I am God!"  Psalm 46:10

Stop Martha-ing and start Mary-ing and be in My Presence.  For one thing is needed!  
And that is to spend time with Jesus.

"But the Lord answered her, 'Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.'”  Luke 10:41-42

"Love can only be cultivated adequately in aloneness with the one you love."  Joseph Carroll

Now off with you dear friend!  Go be alone with God. He's waiting!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?