Feet

There are some beautiful places to get out and walk and enjoy spring if you live in the country.
I've found myself praying daily for those in major cities confined to their apartments/condos.
I'd imagine there could even be fear getting on an elevator with others to leave your building.

There are a lot of scriptures related to feet.  (Today's coloring page is a picture of feet.)
Remember this story.  Is there a time you sat at someone's feet listening intently to what they had to say?
"She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!'" Luke 10:39-40 
In the popular song "I Can Only Imagine" one scenario is presented that when we see Jesus face to face we may literally fall down at his feet.
"When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." 
Revelation 1:17-18 
Have you ever slipped?  I did just the other day.
 "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip– he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you– the LORD is your shade at your right hand." Psalm 121:2-5

This may be my favorite foot tale!  In reality, with the exception of babies and maybe some pampered foot models, most feet are not very pretty.  The older you get, the uglier they can become. When we are taking the gospel our feet appear to God to have just received a professional pedicure! No cracking heels or fungus on our toe nails. Nope they look beautiful!


"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'"   Isaiah 52:7 

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'” Romans 10:14-15
These two foot related verses have been implanted into my heart since I was a child. They remind us how blessed we are to be able to call on the Spirit to guide our feet.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.Psalm 119:105 
"Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil." Proverbs 4:26-27 

And today's promise. A great reminder this week as we reflect on the feet of Jesus walking him towards the cross for us.

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."  Romans 8:1

Our feet may not be allowed to take us far physically today, but they can take us to a desk to write a note of an encouragement, to a computer to respond to a plea by a written prayer, or to a phone to cheer on the lonely during this "stay at home" order.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?