Friendship

Dodging devil darts! Having some blog issues.
If you receive Boojoyful by email you may have to hit subscribe again and enter your email.
Let me know if you have a problem.




I am thankful I could spend Easter with these two dear friends.


I enjoy the television show, The Voice.  Currently, the song writer, James Taylor, is on the show as a master coach.  Thirty three years ago, my brother  who was thirteen years older than me, drown.  James Taylor was his favorite singer. The song that always comes to mind when I think of that singer-song writer is You've Got a Friend.

The first time I heard those lyrics, after accepting Christ as my Savior, I knew having Jesus as my friend fit this bill.  


"When you're down and troubled and you need a helping hand and 
nothing, oh nothing is going right.  
Just closer your eyes and think of me and soon I will be there. 
To brighten up even your darkest night. 
You just call out my name and, you know, 
wherever I am I'll come running, to see you again."

We need our friends right now, but we need Jesus more!  We also have friends who need Jesus.

God created us together in His image so that He could have a personal relationship with us. He wove us together in a way that desired friendship and would draw us to Him.  At some point in the earthly parent/child relationship there is the potential for an amazing friendship to develop. Our children stop needing things from us and truly enjoy being with us.  Both my husband and would love to be able to sit down and listen to the wisdom of our fathers right now.

Do we only spend time with God when we want something?  While God is our Father, Provider, Protector, Healer, Sustainer, He wants to also be our friend.


Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God."     James 2:23


As you read the quote and comments below, ask God to bring to mind a friend of whom you can say, "This is so true of you in my life!"  Maybe even take time to shoot them a text of appreciation for being in your life.


Now reread the list and thank Jesus for being that kind of  friend in every category!

Then finish up with the recommendation in James 1:17. This is so much better than turning on the TV.

Love to each of you faithful readers.  I thank God for the way He has used you to keep me encouraged to keep seeking the Lord and share with you daily.  You truly are Proverbs 27:17 friends.  


"Friendship is one of the sweetest joy of life. Many might have failed beneath the bitterness of their trial had they not found a friend."  Charles Spurgeon  

Thank God that in His divine plan, two are better than one, as they are able to help each other, provide for each other, and protect each other.  Pray that Christ would be the "third strand" in your friendship, forming a cord that is not easily broken."  Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 

Praise God for your friend's ability to "sharpen" you, keeping you strong, alert, and purposeful.  Proverbs 27:17  

Give thanks to the Lord for your friend who stirs you up to love and good works, encouraging you in your walk with God and in the roles God has for you.
Hebrews 10:24-25  

Praise the Lord for your friends who shares her wisdom with you, helping you to grow wiser. Proverbs 13:20 

Share with the Lord the rightness of thanking God for your friend who strengthens your faith and quickens your love. Thank Him for a friendship that supports you in persevering through life's hardships and trials.             2 Thessalonians 1:3-4

Thank God for your friend who gives you “faithful wounds” when necessary, telling you the truth that is sometimes painful, but ultimately for your good. 
Proverbs 27:6

Acknowledge your Father, the wholly unchanging Giver of every good and perfect gift. Thank Him for the good gift of friendship.                

James 1:17


Dear Heavenly Father, You give good gifts to Your children, and friendship is one of the very best. Thank You for my friends who encourage me, sharpen me, and understand me in a way that many do not. May our friendships bring You glory as we strengthen each other for the Kingdom work to which You’ve called each of us. It’s in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, that I pray. Amen.


Today's Coloring Page Promise


"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in  Him."  Psalm 34:8





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?