Hope Now

February 5th
Yesterday, I created 70 valentines! The day before I cut out several
hundred valentines, which our school children will decorate. I
actually wore the skin off my finger where the scissors were rubbing!
One of our students challenged the school to become "good deed doers"
and start events in the community that would have the ripple affect.
Our first activity will be the Friday before Valentines where we will
begin the circulation of 500 valentines and pieces of candy into our
community. The message we want to get to people in this time when we
all need some hope is "God is love and he loves you!"

Enjoy Addison Road's lyrics to her song Hope Now
If everything comes down to love Then just what I am afraid of
When I call out Your name Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I’m Yours


I’m not my own I’ve been carried by You All my life

CHORUS
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free


HOPE can be an acronym for ...
He's Our Problem Extinguisher

Let's Pray: Lord, we lay it all down before You
who wears the crown. The crown of glory, so well deserved. We will
not be anxious for anything, for we know You are our Everything. We
will not become weary in our work for You, for we know Your purposes
are for our good as well as the good of others. We will soar as on
wings like eagles, for You are our strength, creating the currents which
can carry us and You make our burdens light. Yes, Sir...everything rides
on the hope and faith we have in You and that makes it a "Fine Ride"
Father, for You are our chaffeur! In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?