Hi, I'm Gracie

August 10

Our Sunday Celebration service at our home yesterday had the yard filled
with brothers and sisters in Christ from South Africa, Japan, India and
the cutest 3 year old from Massachusetts. During the sermon, I took
five of the younger children for Popsicles, walnut tossing and a lesson
on Jesus being our Rock. Beginning with a swing in our hammocks I took
time to make introductions between these children. (Presently I am
writing a manners curriculum for our school, so I am up on my
protocol and was sure to say the name of the older child first!)
Upon introducing second grade Anna, to 3 year old Gracie, Gracie came
over to the hammock where Anna was and wrapped her arms around Anna in
one of the dearest embraces I have ever seen. Gracie's parents have
named her well!
God extends his grace to us over and over again. His word reminds us
that His grace is sufficient for all our needs.
As teacher training begins at Smith MT Lake Christian School today,
foremost in my goals as a teacher is to exhibit grace to these students
and be the example Gracie's parents have obviously been to her. I pray
our students will be known in the community as young people who exhibit
grace, kindness and compassion wherever they go!

Let's Pray: Oh, gracious heavenly Father, we praise Your name and sing "Alleluia" in appreciation for Your love. Forgive us when we lack
being gracious to others as Christ has taught us to be. Thank You, thank
You, thank You, that Your grace is sufficient for all our needs. Find us
obedient to offer that same grace to others today. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?