Waltzing with the Spirit

August 31

Waking up with praise music on my mind is such proof that what we put
into ourselves is what is going to come out of us! (Now that should
encourage me as I go to teach grammar in a rural community!)

The song Mighty to Save was swelling in my heart this morning:
Everyone needs compassion Love that's never failing Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness The kindness of a Savior The hope of nations
Chorus:
Savior, He can move the mountains My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever, Author of Salvation He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave
Verse 2:
So take as You find me All my fears and failures Fill my life again
I give my life to follow Everything I believe in Now I surrender
Bridge:
Shine your light And let the whole world see
We're singing For the glory of the risen King, Jesus.

Singing that song in my heart, my memory went back to junior high school
and dance lessons. The first step we were taught was the basic box step.
The instructor, who had to be at least eighty, would call out to the young
couples: back-together, left-together, front-together. right-together and
around the room we would go, with 95% of the boys watching their feet and
trying desperately not to step on their partner's feet.

Walking with the Lord is like a dance step. He gives us an instruction,
we step out in faith and He is right there together with us,l guiding us.
Then it is time for another step of faith.

Yesterday, we had our final summer church service on the dock. Our minister
of music brought a wonderful rendition of "Holy, Holy, Holy" to play before
our closing prayer time. As we sat there with hands lifted high, the breeze
picked up and the presence of the Holy Spirit was unmistakable. It was as if
you could see the angels dancing around Shiloh for joy over the praises of
God's people!

May your day be filled with dancing in the Spirit today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?