The P's that are Priority

August 24

Waking this morning the "To Do" list on my mind was overwhelming.
Where to begin? Lord, what should be my priority?
His answer was simple...praise, pray and come into my presence.

Now the next choice was do I do that while I walk and get some
exercise, or do I dig into the Word and then type on the Blog?

Running to the Word (which doesn't burn off a lot of calories)
I read a Psalm, I've never seen before.

Oh, that I had wings like a dove! For then I would fly away
and be at rest.
Psalm 55:6

Lloyd Ogilvie writes: "Along with most people, there are moments, even
days, when I'd like to get away from problems and challenges, difficult
people, the troubles of the city, and the seemingly impossible
situations life dishes out. Remind me that You (God) don't train
escape artists. You develop courageous people who are faithful and
content. You do not provide easy escapes from reality.
So here I am: the same old person in the same old circumstances.
Give me new eyes to see what You want done; give me new enthusiasm
for the ordinary circumstances; change my bland, bored attitude to
an attitude of expectancy; fill me with love for people who
frustrate me; and help me see that my dogged doldrums are simply
self-pity.
As a new person filled with Your joy and hope, I'm ready to mount up
with wings like eagles and soar in the jet stream right where I am."

Ah, another "P" word...when we run to Him, He will PROVIDE!

So filled with a whistling spirit like the Seven Dwarfs, I am
singing praise, tossing prayers to the Lord and enjoying the
reality of His omnipresence!
Hope He is all the world to you today as well!
Love, Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?