Awaiting the Rest

April 28

Oversleeping on a jam packed day was not what I had anticipated. The domestic list necessary for all which is ahead is overwhelming...sewing, planting, cleaning, painting and cooking. The temptation to put my quiet time aside was a strong urge,but I didn't give in and the discipline brought a smile. The first devotional book I picked up referred to Mary and Martha today!
Ok, that is pretty clear Lord, I shall sit at your feet awhile.
The next one had Matthew 11:28 as the verse for today:
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

These are the episodes of my life which have me knowing for certain there is a creator who knows my every move and HE cares! A problem arises at this point though where I'd rather stay and hang out with him in His Word all day and not get on with the tasks at hand. So motivate and move me into Your service today Father and I will look forward to getting the rest you speak of tonight!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?