The Butterfly Beauty Pageant

April 9

Do you ever get the sense something or someone is coming? This week my husband and I have met each afternoon on our dock for intense Bible Study watching for what God is about to deliver. We've also busted our chops the past two weeks working on Shiloh from the inside out, should what God be up to, be selling this place. Yesterday, I was on the far side of the property and was pooped so I plopped down in an old swing. I think I have written about the yellow butterfly which has been following me around for the past week. No sooner had I sat down, than there she came right to me. Speaking gently to her, I also gave a little chuckle to God acknowledging all the ways he encourages us. The song Ancient of Days was playing on my IPOD. My eyes stared over to a lush green clearing towards the entrance to the scripture trails, and there were SIX yellow butterflies. The dogwoods and red buds were blooming in the background and my first thought was...oh, my goodness, I am getting a glimpse of heaven.
Immediately Ephesians 3:20-21 came to mind:

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Not wanting the picturesque moment to end I just sat there and the beauty pageant began...one by one those butterflies flew past me over the water in the cove, then they all returned to the clearing circling around as if rehearsing for a May pole dance!

The last part of Psalms Now #41 reverberates with what I was feeling.
My loving God, You are truly gracious to me.
You have not cast me aside or allowed me to be destroyed.
You know that I honestly want to serve You.
And you have demonstrated Your acceptance and concern for me by sustaining me and
drawing me even closer to Yourself.
May God be praised forever!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?