A New Thing

Another one of our sons became engaged this weekend...we are so excited!
Welcome aboard Jenna! We love you!

Somehow the final Holy Week post came up below Friday's.
You just need to scroll down.

April 5th
Spring in Virginia is exhilarating! Every day something new is bursting forth!
After such a drastic winter I was afraid it would be July before we could get in the water, but with this week of 80-90 degree temperatures God is working overtime to warm things up!

Maybe it is from the thrill of Easter, but I have awakened this Monday morning full of joy and expectant of the great things God is going to do. For over a week now He has told me "Be watchful, I am about to do something and I do not want you to miss it." He keeps saying, "Do not look to the left or the right, but straight at me."

Isaiah 43:19
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Have you found in life's cycles that the Lord allows a low in your life to take you unto himself, teach you how to be a little more like Jesus and then send you out again hopefully more prepared for your next assignment?

Paul wrote from experience...2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God is doing a new thing today and He wants us to be a part of it, but we need to be totally surrendered to his will and his way.

Let's Pray: Lord, your creation signals your majesty, your faithfulness, and your power! Once again we need to die to self, seek Your forgiveness and get on with the work You have for us to do. Open our eyes and let us see the Your plan for this day. The phone call, the knock at the door, the neighbor struggling with her groceries, the mother with the toddlers, the person on the elevator with us, or the one sitting alone in the coffee shop...did You place them there for a purpose. Nudge us in the direction to do Your will. Give us courage to step out and do a new thing for You for You have done so much for us.
We love you Lord. In Jesus, Name Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?