Chocolate, Doorbells and Plumbers

April 19


...in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:52

Oversleeping this morning, I was dreaming about getting a hazelnut chocolate bar out of a vending machine! :) Just as I was reaching for the candy bar, which was melted by the way in the dream, I thought I heard a doorbell. Coming to my senses I remembered I was expecting a plumber this morning and I jumped out of bed, grabbed my robe and ran to the door. Heading out the door and down the steps I was hollering, "Hello?" Looking up the driveway there was no one to be seen.
Had I missed him?

A day is coming when we will hear not a doorbell, but a trumpet. It will happen so fast there won't be time to grab bathrobes. Many will stand behind weeping...
I missed Him.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?