Comfort

August 18

I just love where my early morning brain goes! This AM before the eyes were open the word study with the Lord was comfort. He was like...com (come) to my fort (fortress) and I will give you rest and protection. How Kool is that?

Check out these verses and be encouraged. Chuckling I pondered on David's attitude in Psalm 31. Now he has been in some major "bad" and seen some rather rough times, but he never waivers from who he knows God to be. When David says the phrase "for your name's sake" it sounds like he is saying "lead me and guide me, get me out of this mess, so we can keep that great reputation of yours standing Lord."

Oh, Father, your ways are not our ways, but help us to trust and be comforted today, knowing Your ways are the best ways. In Jesus Name, Amen

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 31:3
Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Psalm 144:2
He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

Isaiah 49:13
Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?