Power Up

July 31-August 2
My role in our Sunday services is to share how God showed up the week before. Being in a bit of the doldrums due to disappointment I told the Lord I really wasn't quite sure I'd seen Him last week. Going to brush my teeth before church I decided it was time to change the head on my electric toothbrush. When I inserted the new one I was shocked by the difference in the power. For the past month I had been pretty much brushing in my own power not the toothbrush's, but I had grown accustom to the lack of power and hadn't really noticed what I was missing.
Isn't that a perfect picture of life without the Spirit? We start trying to survive in our own power, forgetting who God is and what is available to us and live life in a less vibrant place than God intends for us to.
He showed up and He will do it time and time again if we seek Him.

1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?