Soap Word

August 28-29
When our children were younger we had a rule that if you said an inappropriate word you received a squirt of liquid soap. God has me at a graduate level of training on the power of our speech and would like to give me a squirt of soap.
One of our yard signs reads:
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

I failed a test big time recently. Some girlfriends were talking about a painful topic and how people can say things unknowingly which bring great pain upon a person. (Like those facing cancer, divorce, infertility, financial problems etc.) I gave an example and used the name of the person who had made the comment. The same impact could have been made without siting the person's name. My comment got back to this person, whom I love, in an elaborated form and hurt them very much. At that point I had a choice to make. Doing my devotional first this morning allowed God to speak.
He placed before me in a devotional book Matthew 18:4
Whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Picking up the phone I called the person and sought forgiveness. A burden has been lifted and I learned a valuable lesson. The verse on my calendar today is
Isaiah 32:17 and fits perfectly with what God is teaching me today.
The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.
Often we ignore uncomfortable situations deciding the relationship in jeopardy is not worth the process of reconciliation. Praise the Lord Jesus isn't a friend like that and we are of great worth to Him.

Father, Your ways are so right. You sacrificed Your own Son for filthy us. You are The Way and You make a way for us to walk down the right paths in life. Give us courage to trust You and to follow in Your ways even when the process which leads to peace is painful. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?