She Really Gets It

September 28

Last night I received a call from an excited young mother whose three year old has started in an AWANA program in their community. Enthusiastically she exclaimed, "My three year old is memorizing scripture and she really gets it!" They have enrolled their child in this program at another church on Sunday nights. Their daughter calls is "night school". The little girl pointed to her mom's Bible in the house and said, "That's the Bible." Her mother questioned, "Who is the Bible about?" Her reply, "Jesus. God loves us so much he sent Jesus for us." Whoa! I told her mother what is being implanted in that little heart will stay forever.

In my big girl Bible study today the same message was poured out over me reminding me how much God loves me. Isaiah 43:1b is playing over and over in my mind: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
Check out this definition for redeem:compensate for faults or bad aspects.
Whew. We've all been in some bad, but God loves us so much he was willing to sacrifice Jesus to compensate for those faults.
Throughout today just say to yourself...I've been redeemed.

Another young mother emailed how thrilled she is to have her five year old in a Christian school this year. Yesterday she asked her daughter what she had learned and she replied, "A song called, Father Apron Man. LOL she meant Father Abraham!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?