Passing On Praising

March 15
How often do we praise the Lord?
Yesterday morning, while typing away on the devotional, my heart was stirred to go downstairs to the piano and play some praise. PTL there are no neighbors near by, although sound does carry rather effectively over water. Sorry fellow "cove" ers. Instead of following my instinct, I procrastinated, passing on the praise time and heading into the mundane chores of the day.
What was I thinking...passing on praise...pathetic.
Finally, I made my way to the piano and my countenance was lifted higher and higher as I sang praise to the Lord.

There are 194 references which come up when you search "Praise the Lord" on Biblegateway under the NIV translation. Sounds like there was a lot of praising going on!

I will praise the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of the God! Deuteronomy 32:3

The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior!
2 Samuel 22:47

Studying in Deuteronomy chapter 10:12-21 today the question was posed...
"What do you think God expects of you?" Here is the answer from The Message:
Live in his presence in holy reverence, follow the road he sets out for you, love him, serve God, your God, with everything you have in you, obey the commandments and regulations of God that I'm commanding you today. Live a good life.
Sing Out...
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart
And give Him praise, and give Him praise
Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart
Your voices raise, your voices raise

Give glory and honor and power unto Him Jesus, the name above all names

PT Father, may we be all about praise in Your Son's name, Amen




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?