A Speck of a Day


March 19-20
Heading out to the trails I am sure I looked a sight wearing brown and pink rain boots, yoga pants, one of my son's button down shirts and hot pink rubber gloves, while carrying a tarp and a pitch fork. The plan was to clean some leaves, which had pile up, out of our creek. Approaching each mound, I realized there was a log (plank) in each place creating the back up of debris. For two hours I hung in that creek with God and had some deep, deep conversations.
He immediately began by illustrating that what seems to be a mess on the surface most likely has a bigger sin issue underneath. Kindly, He shared, "Sin is the bottom line, but nobody wants to admit that." Another interesting lesson came as the water flow was increased by me moving lots of little river rocks out of the way. The small sins we engage in build upon one another and decrease the flow of the Spirit in our lives.
Today, I can hardly move due to all the lifting, rolling, squatting and hauling I did, but I had a banner day with the Lord yesterday. Areas of my life which were clogged are now open. God even said, "Now we can move forward to the next step Boo." Later, relaxing in the hammock, I recalled those words. At one point the sun's rays were magnificently beaming out from behind a cloud and I thought....this is it...the next step....God is going to take me home right from this hammock! Not, I am still here.

How can you say to your brother, "Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye" when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

PT
Lord, you have a Master plan. Forgive us for the times we forget we have a Master and instead create disaster with our lives. Don't leave us like we are. Please transforms us. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?