Every Other Day

September 22
One of the butchers at our local grocery store told me I looked really nice the other day. Jokingly, I said, "Does that mean I don't look nice most of the time when I come in here?" Probably, due to laziness, I've become an every other day shampooer. In the summer that is a little more difficult, having a wet head from lake swims. I used to run a load of something in the wash about every day, but now trying to be more conservative it is more like every three days. Watering our outdoor veggies, running the dishwasher, the sweeping of the front steps and a list of other chores are rather cyclical and not done on a daily basis and we seem to get by.
One area we need not compromise a daily commitment to is our quiet time with the Lord and having our nose in the Word.

The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you. 2 Corinthians 13:14 MSG

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Joshua 1:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?