I Will Make You Ready



September 7
I am in a battle of disobedience in a big way. Peter has nothing on me with his denying the Lord three times. "Don't feel alone Peter. Just know your incident was recorded in the Bible to help the rest of us. " The Lord has been calling me to do something for Him for a very long time. Several weeks ago He got specific asking me to slot three hours a day for this after Labor Day. The procrastination has progressed to profound levels! Today has been nasty, nasty rebellion on my part. What should have begun at 7:30AM has not yet begun...no devotional writing doesn't count as part of His plan.
We had twenty some house guests from Thursday through yesterday, you can imagine the work that needs to be done in the house from cleaning out three refrigerators, to washing, ironing, vacuuming, mopping, and putting away baby gear, but I have to stop. I've literally decided to lock myself in my room. I've tried to escape through three doors off my bedroom. A sign was placed on one and a wooden spoon on another. (That is what we used to spank our children with, so it is there as a reminder I need a good whooping if I go out.)

Bargaining with the Lord, trying to get out of this I exclaimed, "Lord, I went walking this morning and I am really stinky, I need to shower first." "You are stinky alright," He gently replied. "You stink at obeying Me. I promise no one is going to see you or smell you if you obey Me." I kid you not, I even procrastinated by putting on jewelry. Who does that when they are going to be locked in their room.
The problem is, I do not believe I can do what the Lord has called me to do and for several years (ok, so like 10 years). I've done an awesome job of coming up with other meaningful things to avoiding His desire. During this battle today our loving, compassionate Father said, "I will make you ready."
God is so full of grace. Even in my disobedience He sent me these two verses in one of the daily devotionals I am reading.
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2
Hard to believe He still believes in me.

Check out this verse! Lord, I was putting on that jewelry to look like a bride awaiting You!
I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with jewels. Isaiah 61:10

Lord, by faith and trust in the equipping of the Holy Spirit, I am ready!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?