For As He Thinketh

September 16
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7

Walking up our 1/2 mile long driveway yesterday, I was enjoying the tranquility of mountain life. A young turtle was crossing the road before me, as was a large, fat, maroon worm the likes of which I had never seen before. The efforts these two sluggards made, spurred me on as I walked on the steepest incline of my journey to our mailbox. Retrieving our mail and starting back down I was startled by the screams of woodland creatures. The intensity of the hullabaloo, which was happening, stopped me in my tracks. On and on this ruckus continued, the shrillness of the cries sending shivers up my spine. I had my cell phone with me and tried to call my husband, hoping to have him on the line with me as I walked on towards this mayhem. (I know, God could do a lot more for me than a husband 35 minutes away...my bad.)
No answer from my husband, so I mentally put on the armor of the Lord and proceeded down the road. Something must have died down in the ravine, for the crows and vultures were fighting in the air and the trees. This was quite the violent bunch. Keeping my eyes straight ahead and my mind on Philippians 4:8 and not Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, I made it past.
Seconds later my next door neighbor drove down the road and I jumped in her car and thanked the Lord for sending her! He is so faithful.
Reminiscing with my husband this morning, on how the event unfolded, he told me if I went to walk today he had something he wanted me to carry....are you ready...for those of you who know my husband you probably already know what he said..."Be sure to take a CROW bar!"

The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. Romans 8:6


Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?