Powerful Passionate Love

September 24-
Friday was our 33rd wedding anniversary! w00t! I do love my man. This month I've been blessed to witness the powerful passionate love of two widowers. One is my father, who is 91. September 16th marked his wedding anniversary. My mother died over 11 years ago and her picture is still in a magnet on his refrigerator, framed nicely on his desk and stacked neatly on his living room coffee table are years of memories adorning several albums which he compiled. To sit beside him and have him share of their first dates, early years of marriage and travels together can most easily be described as a "feel good" moment! Often I've watched the eyes of others sitting beside him, listening to the tales he tells, and you can almost hear their hearts say, "I want a love like that!"
While in Minneapolis last weekend, I visited a spunky 89 year old widower, whom I had met last October in The Apple Store. Yes, we were both acquiring assistance with our new MACs! We decided to become email buddies. Around Bob's neck was a cross which contained some of the ashes of his beloved Margie. November will hold the four year anniversary of her passing, but she is very much alive in his heart. Last fall he emailed me lyrics to a song he had written for his wife. On my visit last weekend he was kind enough to sing this song. I am going to put it on Facebook, but have not been able to figure out how to get it on this blog.
Here are the lyrics to : "Your Eyes Told Me".

Your eyes told me
You didn't have to say it
Said I love you
Your lips could not delay it
And your smile is twice as bright
Your blue eyes made that so
When they smile at me like this
You set my heart aglow
Don't deny it
You know their power well dear
Couldn't get by it
And so I really fell dear
Eyes appealing
Let them keep revealing
And keep them smiling at me

How blessed we are to have a bridegroom waiting for each of us. Preparing a heavenly home for us. A bridegroom and God who loves us with a powerful, passionate love.

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? John 14:2

The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit, be with all of you. 2 Corinthians 13:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?