Our Strength

Papa and his youngest grandson. Are they cute or what!
The oldest grandson. It was just by accident we were all so pinkie!

May 18
Recently we've been walking through a season of heart break and suffering with several people. It was so good to be in church Sunday are praise the Lord with hundreds of brothers and sisters in Christ and be reminded by our pastor, in his sermon series on the Armor of God, that we have power to prevail through the battles of life.  I pulled up a file I had made full of verses which remind of that our strength is in the Lord. There are two individuals in particular who are literally in ICU units fighting for their lives and enduring much physical suffering. So, I'm taking time daily to pray these verses over them.

“Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
Nehemiah 8:10

“The Lord your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy, He will quiet you in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.”
Zephaniah 3:17

“Do not worry about anything, but in everything 
by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving 
let your requests be made known to God. 
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds 
in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, 
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make straight your paths.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 


“Be strong and courageous; 
do not be frightened or dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1:9

“God is our refuge and strength, 
a very present help in trouble.”
Psalm 46:1

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; 
the righteous run into it and are safe.”
Proverbs 18:10

“My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

“…but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; 
they shall walk and not faint.” 
Isaiah 40:31

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, 
so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, 
you may abound in every good work.”
2 Corinthians 9:8 

“And the God of all grace, 
who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, 
after you have suffered a little while, 
will himself restore you and make you 
strong, firm and steadfast.”
1 Peter 5: 10

“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Exodus 33:14

“Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—
because they trust in you. 
Trust in the Lord forever, 
for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.”
Isaiah 26: 3-4

“So do not fear, for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10

“The Lord is my strength and my song; 
he has given me victory.
This is my God, and I will praise him—
my father’s God, and I will exalt him!”
Exodus 15:2

“It is the Lord who goes before you. 
He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. 
Do not fear or be dismayed.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

“The eternal God is your refuge, 
and underneath are the everlasting arms.”
Deuteronomy 33:27

“May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!”
Psalm 20:1

“Commit your way to the LORD; 
trust in him, and he will act.
Psalm 37:5

“I sought the Lord, and he answered me, 
and delivered me from all my fears.”
Psalm 34:4

“The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, 
a stronghold in times of trouble.”
Psalm 9:9-10

“Seek the LORD and his strength; 
seek his presence continually!”
1 Chronicles 16:11  

“You are my hiding place; 
you will protect me from trouble and 
surround me with songs of deliverance.”

Psalm 32:7-8



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?